Faculty Professional Development Day
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Faculty Professional Development Day is a half day event which explores a number of topics relevant to faculty academic roles and career development. Topics covered include self-regulated learning, reflective practice, competency-based medical education, feedback, senior promotion, assessing research productivity, optimizing undergraduate teaching effectiveness, and undergraduate medical education innovation.
After participation in this program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize concepts related to self-regulation, self-directed and life-long learning in health professions education.
- Apply a model of reflective practice.
- Conduct an assessment of personal knowledge gaps and learning needs in order to fulfill the mandate of CBME as a teacher
- Illustrate potential approaches to giving effective feedback for lifelong learning
- Determine which of their activities support promotion in the areas of teaching, research and creative professional activity (CPA)
- Discuss approaches one can take to increase the impact of their research communications
- Discuss how to seek and utilize feedback to improve teaching
- Recognize the recent changes to the MD program curriculum
Faculty Professional Development Day 2018: Competency-Based Medical Education: Get Ready, Set, Go!
Date: Monday, November 12, 2018
Time: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Location: Toronto (more information available after registered)
The topics for this year's event include:
- competency-based medical education updates
- social media and promotion
- optimization of the learning climate, and
- maximizing chances of successful research ethics board applications.
Join us to celebrate, recognize and reward excellence among our membership, and discuss best practices and innovations through a series of lectures and interactive small group sessions.
To register for this event or learn more, please contact us at email@example.com.
Registration closes Friday, November 9, 2018 at 10:00AM.
Information on previous Faculty Professional Development Days can be found below:
- Faculty Professional Development Day 2017
- Faculty Professional Development Day 2016
- Faculty Professional Development Day 2015
- Faculty Professional Development Day 2014
- Faculty Professional Development Day 2013
- Faculty Professional Development Day & Alumni 125th Year Celebration - 2012
- Faculty Professional Development Day 2011 & Award Recipients
- Faculty Professional Development Day 2010 & Award Recipients