All University of Toronto medical students are required to complete a 6-week rotation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the 3rd year of their medical degree. Each student will be assigned to one of eight teaching hospital sites:
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- North York General Hospital
- St. Joseph's Health Centre
- St. Michael's Hospital
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Toronto East General Hospital
- Credit Valley Hospital and the Mississauga Hospital, both part of Trillium Health Partners
On your 6-week rotation in OBGYN, you will have a chance to experience working in Labour and Delivery, inpatient antenatal, postpartum, and gynaecology units, the Operating Room, and much more.
You can find a detailed description of the 3rd-year OBGYN course here.