Congratulations to Our Graduates!
On June 23, 2016, we celebrated the successes of our graduates on their completion of the OBGYN Residency Program as well as Clinical Fellowships and Subspecialty Programs. The Graduation Ceremony and Alumni Event took place at UofT’s historic Hart House, as has become custom for the past several years. This year’s Ceremony was the largest so far – over 220 attendees gathered for this special occasion, 33 of which were graduates. This year, we graduated 14 residents (all of whom passed their Royal College exams!) and 26 clinical fellows from 16 programs which include Advanced Gynaecologic Surgery, Gynaecologic Oncology, Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology, and Reproductive Sciences and Infertility.
The day was filled with lots of fun for adults and kids alike, with an outside patio area dedicated to children’s activities. Adults got to enjoy soothing music by Gustaü & Puente del Diablo, followed by the ceremony and reception. We were honored by the presence of Dr. Glen Bandiera, Associate Dean of Postgraduate Medical Education, who welcomed our graduates to the alumni community. The graduates also received words of wisdom from one of their favourites, Dr. Nicholas Pairaudeau, who reflected on the past, present, and future of obstetrical and gynaecologic care and gave life advice to our newly-graduated OBGYNs. The event wouldn’t have been such a great success without our superb administrative team at 123 Edward and, of course, our MC for the evening, Dr. Adrian Brown.
The following resident awards were preseneted at the Ceremony:
- Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Awards:
- PGY3: Lesley Hawkins & Marian Leung
- PGY4: John Ibrahim
- PGY5: Ummi Habiba & Rebecca Menzies
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists Award: Jessica Green
- Dr. Sidney M. and Roselyn Tobin Compassionate Scholarship in Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Julie Thorne
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Resident Award for Excellence in Obstetrics: John Snelgrove
- Dr. Frederick R. Papsin Award: Michael Secter & Andrea Simpson
The graduating resident class also recognized the following family members with the following awards:
- CREOG National Faculty Award: Sari Kives
- Neelam Sierra Resident Advocacy Award: Donna Steele