- Neuronal cell biology, focussing on mechanisms of neuron-specific gene expression.
- Regulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene expression and secretion by gonadal steroid hormones in hypothalamic cell culture.
- Characterization of afferent neurons to the GnRH neuron, including NPY, Kisspeptin, and GnIH.
- Development and characterization of clonal, immortalized, hypothalamic neuronal and glial cell lines.
- Signal transduction pathways and transcriptional mechanisms involved in the control of neuropeptides involved in energy homeostasis - gene expression and secretion.